Saturday, January 28, 2012

A bit more from the first day


Here's a picture of the hotel and then one of my first dinner in Paris. I forgot to mention it in the other post, but the first night we went to a restaurant near our hotel and I wanted to order the weirdest thing possible. That left me with the beef tartare which is basically raw beef mixed with some spices and I think also raw egg. Apparently the French love to have fries with this and with other beef dishes. It was pretty good and finished my plate, but I think I'd prefer something cooked in the future. It definitely seemed like an American meal since it tasted just like a raw hamburger would, and of course there were french fries! Oh and also here they call french fries les frites and french toast le pan perdu (the lost bread). It would seem appropriate to address them as french here, but apparently not.

Aquí está una foto del hotel y otra de mi primera cena en Paris. Olvidé de hablar de esta cena el otro día, pero la primera noche fuimos a un restaurant que estaba cerca del hotel y yo quería comer la comida lo más diferente posible. Por eso ordené el filete tártaro, que es carne cruda mezclada con algunas especias y huevos también crudos. Me enteré que a los franceses les gusta comer las papas fritas con este plato y a otros carne de vaca. Me gustó y me comí todo, pero en el futuro voy a comer comida que esté cocinada. Me pareció un plato americano porque el filete tártaro era como una hamburguesa cruda y venía con papas fritas.

No comments:

Post a Comment