Friday, February 3, 2012

Last day of Paris/Arrival to Grenoble 1/26

I took this one the day before... but it's the Eiffel tower nonetheless!



We spent the last day in Paris going to the Eiffel tower. It is absolutely HUGE and I could see the whole city despite only being able to go to the 2nd level (we couldn't go to the top due to the rainy weather that week). Afterwards we had a free afternoon, which I spent by seeing the opera house (just the outside) and hanging out at the hotel before leaving for Grenoble. We took the train at about 3:30 PM with 1st class tickets (which I guess meant we had nicer seats, more space, and a little table). I slept most of the way, but we finally arrived at about 6:30 PM. All the host parents were there to greet us and were ready to take us to their homes. Just my host mom was there and we left soon after. Pierre, my little 14 year old brother, was waiting for us at home, a comfy suburban house located just outside of the city of Grenoble. Unfortunately it was already dark so I couldn't see anything on the way that night. I spent the next few days adjusting a learning my route to school, which consists of taking the bus and tram. The mountains are just incredible and the city is very nice. I still need to explore the city (which I plan to do this weekend) and get some more pictures of the mountains (it has been very cloudy). It has also been pretty cold, but the good news is we got a lot of snow this past Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. rammseeyyyy!!!!! skype session needs to be planned for this week ok??? let us know the time frames u r free..if u r free

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found really interesting the French salad with veal..
    Good pictures and blog Ramsey¡¡

    Inma

    ReplyDelete